Third Monday of the Month
Subject: People Groups (PG’s) of the Region.
“For You were slain and have redeemed us to God by Your blood, out of every tribe, tongue, people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5: 9, 10)
At least four kinds of churches are mentioned in the New Testament. First there were House churches, which met in the homes of believers like Pricilla and Aquilla (1Corinthians 16: 19). Second there were City churches in Rome, Corinth, and Ephesus etc. The city churches were the network of house churches. Third there were Regional churches of Asia and Galatia and others. They were the network of city churches. All these were praying churches and therefore rapidly growing and multiplying. Finally there is the Church Universal of those whose names are written in the Book of the Lamb.
Lord Jesus started His ministry in the region of Galilee (Luke 4: 13-15). “The gentiles who sat in darkness in the regions of Zebulun and Naphtali saw a great light” (Matt. 4: 13-16). Peter preached the Gospel throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria. Paul preached throughout the regions of Asia, Galatia, and Macedonia. In fact throughout his life, it was his aim to preach the Gospel to ‘regions beyond’ (2 Corinthians 10: 16). Phoebe took Paul’s letter to Rome and presumably read it and explained it to them. The Lord has given us the geographical Great Commission to be His witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth. (Acts 1: 8; Romans 16: 1, 2)
Satan’s strategy of destruction and desolation is global. Region by region, he is successfully implementing his plan. Satan is only afraid of praying saints (James 4: 7). Gentiles who sit in darkness in your region urgently need your intercession
so that they can also see the great light of the gospel. Let not the Lord say to us that “I know your works that you are neither cold nor hot. Therefore be zealous and repent otherwise I will vomit you out of My mouth” Jesus finds lukewarm Christians nauseating.(Revelation 3: 15, 16, 19)
1. Father, You are Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides. You provided a substitute ram for Isaac when he was about to be sacrificed. But for the redemption of all humankind You provided Your Son as full and final sacrifice. Everyone has sinned and come short of Your glory but in the blood of the Lamb, there is provision for redemption of every sinner (Genesis 22: 8, 14; Hebrew 10: 12)
2. O Lord, we pray that the people of this region may come to repentance from their dead works. May those who sit in darkness see the great light of the gospel and be redeemed from the power of the Satan. We pray that they may find inheritance with the saints in Your kingdom. (Acts 26: 17, 18)
3. O Lord we pray that You sanctify by truth, spiritual leaders who will take the present fruitless program based churches out of the narrow denominational and institutional boundaries and send us to ‘regions beyond’ where the gospel is yet to be preached. Father as You sent Jesus, send us also. (John 17: 15-18)
4. O Lord of the harvest, we pray that the believers should lift up their eyes and look at the fields that are ripe for the harvest. That our hearts may be hot within us with a burning desire for reaping a large harvest, lest You vomit us out. (John 4: 35; Psalm 39: 3)
5. O Lord, may a great host of women intercessors and church planters be raised from every tribe, language, region and People Group who will pray with tears of great burden for the redemption of their own people. (Psalm 68: 11; Jeremiah 9: 17-21)
6. We thank You Lord, for the assurance that, ‘he who overcomes and keeps Your works until the end, to him You will give power over the nations’. Lord help us to be over comers. (Revelation 2: 26)
7. Pray on important news items mentioned in the media today.