In addition to the countries already described, there are a number of Partially recognised and unrecognised states and Non-sovereign territories.
1. Somaliland – this is a northern, autonomous district of the Somali Republic which has declared itself a sovereign state but is not recognised as such by the international community. It has a population of 3.5 million and is wholly Islamic. The languages are Somali, Arabic and English.
2. Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic -) is a partially recognised state that claimed sovereignty in 1976 over the entire territory of Western Sahara, a former Spanish colony. The SADR government controls about 20-25% of the territory it claims. It calls the territories under its control the Liberated Territories or the Free Zone. Morocco controls and administers the rest of the disputed territory and calls these lands its Southern Provinces. The SADR government considers the Moroccan-held territory to be occupied territory, while Morocco considers the much smaller SADR-held territory to be a buffer zone. It currently has no official recognition within the United Nations.
3. The Canary Islands. – A group of islands off the Atlantic coast of Africa 8 of which are inhabited by 2,100,000 people of which about 85% are Spanish and the remainder foreign nationals. They are an autonomous territory of Spain and are overwhelmingly Roman Catholic.
4. Ceuta, Melilla and Las Plazas de Soberania – are two cities and four other enclaves and islands along the Moroccan coastline which are Spanish autonomous territories and part of the European Union.
5. Reunion Island and Mayotte – French administer islands to the west and east respectively of Madagascar.
6. Madeira – a group of islands 2000 kms west of the Straits of Gibraltar which are autonomous Portuguese territories with a population of around 270,000. Again, this are mainly Catholic.
All these territories tend to be forgotten but they are still full of people who need salvation through Jesus Christ. Pray for them and for the development of groups of true believers who will actively seek to make disciples.